- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 Vidalia or sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut small (about the size of the corn kernels)
- 1 1/2 cups of organic frozen corn or one 12 ounces canned organic corn, drained
- 4 cups of organic chicken broth (homemade is always better)
- 1 Tbsp Harissa (hot pepper paste)
- 4 Tbsp quinoa, well rinsed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large pot, sautée the onion in oil without browning it.
- Add the red peppers and corn, mix well for 1 minute to coat the vegetables with the oil, letting everything soften.
- Add the chicken broth and harissa, cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Add the quinoa, salt and pepper and let simmer another 10 minutes uncovered.
This is such an easy recipe and, as you can see, it only takes a few minutes to make. Enjoy!