- 4 tsp (20 mL) organic coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) of sliced leeks
- 2 cups (500 mL) of cubed, peeled potatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 3 cups (750 mL)or homemade chicken bone broth, or organic store bought brand
- 2 cups (500 mL)organic raw milk, can use almond, hemp, cashew, or coconut milk instead (not the canned coconut milk as it will be too thick).
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chervil
- Himalayan Pink or Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (verify if your broth already has salt in it, you might not want to add more).
- In a large pot, sauté the vegetables in the oil for 2 minutes or so, just to get them translucent but not colored.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand held blender, blend the vegetable until all smooth. If you don’t have a handheld blender, a food processor works just as well. I just like the convenience of not having to clean another article. Do be careful not to splatter as the liquid is hot.
- Once the vegetables are puréed add in the milk and chervil.
- Heat for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serves 4